Broadcast Associate, CBS Political Unit
This was removed by the employer on 10/3/2023 6:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Search for Broadcast Associate, CBS Political Unit jobs in Washington-NY
Search all Broadcast Associate, CBS Political Unit postings
Full Time Job
Broadcast Associate, CBS Political Unit (Freelance)
CBS News is looking for a Broadcast Associate to join our dynamic CBS News Political Unit! This entry-level position will be based in our Washington, DC Bureau and will be an integral part of our overall 2024 presidential election coverage.
Applicants should have a strong knowledge and passion for covering all facets of politics, including campaigns and presidential politics. Applicants should have a strong understanding of current political issues, 2024 presidential candidates, and a keen interest in political research.
• General news desk and administrative tasks
• Pitch political stories for online, broadcast, streaming, radio, and other CBS platforms
• Political research for the political director, coordinating producer, correspondents, producers, digital reporters, and other CBS political unit assignments
• Work with political producers, show producers, and political unit reporters with video transcription, coordination, retrieval of archive tape, story research, and clearing video/photos for air for political pieces
• Set up logistics for field and virtual interviews as well as logging and coordinating said interviews
• Log data and video for various political events including feeds, press conferences, correspondent field interviews, etc
• Occasionally asked to field produce live shots for political correspondents
• Occasionally being in the field to help cover political events
• Occasionally asked to report and cover political events for the Political Unit
• Pitch political segments that demonstrate a sound news judgment
• Assist political producers as needed with tasks such as feeding tape, logging video, etc.
• Other duties as assigned in furtherance of the organizational news mission
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
• Strong communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
• Strong research skills including the use of both public and private records databases
• A phenomenal teammate with the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the CBS Political Unit.
• Ability and willingness to work adaptable schedules as news warrants (including holidays, weekends, and nights)
• A deep interest and understanding of campaign politics and issues
• Works onsite with other members of our CBS Political Unit, news organization, and across platforms as it pertains to political coverage
• Degree in journalism, political science, or related academic field, with strong editorial skills and judgment preferred
• Internship(s) or comparable proven experience working on a news broadcast or newsroom setting preferred
• Positive, collaborative outlook in working with members of the political unit
This is a 14-16 month full time temporary position beginning in October 2023.
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.