CBSLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The CBS Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industry's most successful and popular brands and businesses: CBS Television Network, CBS News and Stations, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures and CBS digital properties.
Overview & Responsibilities
CBS Marketing is looking for someone who has extensive experience developing strategic, highly creative and effective multi-media marketing campaigns to launch and market a wide variety of original TV programs, series and specials. The Brand Director will be responsible for gathering appropriate customer insights and data points to build and produce many types of marketing plans that optimally set objectives, identify appropriate target audiences, develop positioning strategies, then integrate mass-media, social media, promotional activities and other tactics that effectively engage appropriate audiences. They will work across a team of marketing strategists who will collaborate with internal and external teams, along with out-of-house agencies, to develop and execute strategic marketing plans, with a goal to find innovative, efficient and effective ways to market our CBS programming, as we build the CBS brand as a top choice for entertainment content!
• Set clear objectives, identify audience targets and set positioning and engagement strategies across a wide range of content types.
• Gather, analyze and apply customer insights and data in collaboration with research team to help define effective and innovative strategic marketing approaches.
• Build and implement strategies that provide the most advantageous opportunity to gain significant and valid recognition by our audiences and the industry.
• Provide creative direction and feedback to ensure all is on brand and aligns with campaign and brand strategy.
• Lead the development of a wide range of 360- integrated content marketing plans, including communication and engagement strategies across on-air, social, digital, CBS owned channels, TV, out-of-home and PR.
• Act as a leader and ''catalyst'' who brings big ideas and encourages others to deliver best in class ideas, acquiring buy-in and effectively and efficiently implement ideas at scale
• Create and own goals and performance metrics for campaigns; monitor regularly to understand efficiency of strategy and creative, making recommendations for continuous improvement.
• Collaborate effectively with cross-functional marketing teams including media, creative, social and promotion teams to ensure brand consistency and overall success
• Build and manage highly positive relationships and work effectively with a wide range of development executives, executive producers/showrunners, talent, creative agencies, trade personnel, publicists, agents, managers, media outlets and industry influencers.
• 5 years of experience in film and/or TV marketing.
• Experience in marketing Drama series at a major studio, media company, streaming service, or network.
• Experience leading the creative and planning process.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to influence direction on a wide range of department issues.
• Possess strong decision-making skills.
• Strong project management and skills.
• Solid knowledge of the TV/entertainment landscape!
• Experience working with Executive Producers, including relationship management, selling through of strategy and creative
• Ability to operate with significant autonomy and discretion.
• Ability to collaborate with internal stake holders and external agencies/partners, including day-to-day management of campaign achievements and agency deliverables.
• Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
• Possessing strong ability gather and apply insights to frame recommendations and results into concise and impactful reports.