CBSLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The CBS Entertainment Group, a subsidiary of Paramount, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industry€™s most successful and popular brands and businesses: CBS Television Network, CBS News and Stations, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures and CBS digital properties.
The Designer will work with our brand team to complete designs for use across a variety of platforms to amplify and strengthen the CBS Brand. The right candidate will have very strong and nimble design skills and is passionate about design and brand across all media. This role is suited for someone who isn€™t afraid of creative challenges. Day-to-day this person will collaborate with partners across the business and be part of a core team representing the single source of truth for all things related to the CBS Brand€™s design and creative output.
include and are not limited to:
• Crafting a variety of materials for our brand across the Studios, Sales, Publicity, News and Sports team€™s digital, over-the-top platforms, social media, email, print, merchandising, and out-of-home touchpoints
• Deliver projects that are engaging, accurate and of the highest quality
• Build and maintain online brand style guides and asset portals
• Develop and implement new processes and mechanisms that will ultimately improve team performance, creativity, communication, collaboration
• 3 years working experience or degree in Graphic Design, Fine Art/Design, Advertising or a related field.
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
• Working knowledge of digital/print production, photography, photo-retouching, and key art compositing
• Expert in Keynote and PowerPoint
• Comfortable working within various Digital Asset Management systems such as OneDrive, frame.io, Jira, Widen, or DF Studio
• In-Depth understanding of file resolution, color space, and mechanical production
• Conceptual skills and a demonstrated love for typography
• Advanced knowledge of social media platforms and emerging technology
• Capable of handling and prioritizing a high workload
• Flexible, fast paced, and able to confidently deliver accurately
• Written/verbal skills, comfortable with pitching new designs
• Ability to manage workflow and deadlines for several projects (sometimes highly confidential in nature)
• Well organized, meticulous, able to multitask, prioritize responsibilities, and
• Work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Great teammate able to build relationships quickly with internal and external partners with a wide range of personality types
• An excellent listener and communicator.
• Positive personality and the ability to be proactive, resourceful, and flexible
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to anticipate scheduling/organizational challenges and suggest solutions in a timely manner
• Able to make independent decisions in the handling of sensitive and confidential information while exercising good judgment and discretion
• Comfortable in a test-and-learn environment
• Creative problem solver with strategic and analytical prowess
• Focused and driven to excellence at the accomplishment of all tasks
• Embraces accountability