This was removed by the employer on 11/19/2021 3:01:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Producer jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Associate Producer postings
Full Time Job
CBS Evening News with Norah O'Donnell is seeking a smart, creative, and enterprising Associate Producer to work in our Washington, DC bureau. This candidate must have strong research, writing, and edit room skills with a keen attention to detail and a strong desire to win.
The Associate Producer role is responsible for assisting in all aspects of the broadcast every night. This person will work closely with producers, correspondents, the assignment desk and crews to gather news elements used to produce stories in the nation's capital and beyond. The ideal candidate must have solid editorial judgement and can identify potential stories, vet them and be able to produce them through the edit.
Additional Duties include, but not limited to:
• Collecting video and identifying soundbites from feeds and other video sources
• Gathering research
• Supporting producers in gathering elements, ordering graphics, and editing packages and VOS
• Identifying video restrictions and clearance issues
Position may require early mornings, late nights, and occasional weekends.
• 3 Years plus TV news experience
• Strong editorial judgement
• Excellent writing skills
• Ability to multi-task and execute quickly in fast-paced deadline driven environment
• Take direction from producers, Senior Producers and Executive Producer
• Understanding of newsgathering through multiple platforms
• Must remain calm in breaking news and high-pressure situations
ViacomCBS believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, ViacomCBS requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
?Click for more details
As ViacomCBS begins the process of returning to the office in the US, there are a few key dates to keep in mind
• The first dose of the Moderna vaccine should be no later than November 29.
• The first dose of the Pfizer vaccine should be no later than December 6.
• The J&J vaccine should be administered no later than December 27.