Associate News Producer, Soccer
This was removed by the employer on 11/24/2023 5:58:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Associate News Producer, Soccer jobs in Stamford-CT
Search all Associate News Producer, Soccer postings
Associate News Producer, Soccer (Freelance)
This is a Freelance position based in Stamford, CT.
• Monitor soccer news feeds, including searching social & other media outlets, to gather and evaluate relevant news and information.
• Prepare and distribute news briefs, scripts for broadcasts, and key points for graphic or video presentations on news across all soccer leagues
• Communicate regularly with studio producers and other production contributors to discuss developing news and provide guidance on the presentation of that news within our programming.
• Write, edit and review scripts and graphics for accuracy, style and editorial value. This includes skills at writing to video and for broadcast news (ex. writing for voice over and packages).
• React to breaking news with an emphasis on accuracy, creative storytelling, and relevance to our productions and our audience.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and communicate with urgency and clarity to producers, on-air talent and production associates.
• Demonstrate strong understanding of soccer media production, including knowledge of studio television show content creation or similar digital video programming
• Discover connections between our events and developing news stories; and then provide ideas for how to tell those stories within our games and studio shows. This may include suggesting and gathering elements, potential guests, and details on alternative angles to enhance the telling of those stories.
• Serve as one of the lead editorial voices during live studio programming and partner with producers to generate urgent, effective coverage of breaking news.
• Under tight deadlines, educate on-air talent and other production staff on the key details of a developing story and offer perspective on proper context for presentation on our shows
• Coordinate with and support management and all production staff to maintain editorial standards for newsgathering and coverage on broadcast and cable platforms
• Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of on-air content
• Draft suggested questions and topics for interview subjects and analyst discussions.
• Brainstorm and support the accurate, creative, culturally relevant and sensitive, and thorough presentation of content throughout CBS Sportsâ€™ soccer production
• Maintain files of ongoing stories, upcoming events and themes to anticipate and guide future coverage across platforms.
• Use deep soccer knowledge along with strong research techniques to identify and write briefs recapping key storylines related to games, teams, and sports covered on CBS Sports productions
• Brainstorm and support to the accurate, creative, culturally relevant and sensitive, and thorough presentation of content throughout CBS Sports
• Contribute to and guide content development and storytelling involving the subjects of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disabilities, and other culture-based topics.
• Be part of the ongoing editorial process to provide a DEI lens when reviewing shows and content.
• Work closely with Production personnel, on-air talent, and content creators throughout the Sports division to pitch ideas, fact-check content, and respond real-time to questions and requests for guidance.
• Proactively identify and suggest solutions to address potential coverage angles and storylines
• Prepare general background/research material for other entities as needed.
• Excellent working knowledge of and interest in global soccer
• Must possess strong research skills and editorial judgment.
• A resourceful ability to conduct research and a passion for discovering and sharing new knowledge is a must.
• Must have excellent writing and communication skills and demonstrate a keen attention to detail.
• Must have experience with variety of approaches to Internet searches and be fluent in electronic newsgathering techniques, including quickly navigating the Internet and best practices for using social media.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must be able to work with limited supervision while also thriving in a team-oriented environment
• History of working collaboratively across departments with peers and colleagues to advance content and coverage
• Must have experience performing well under pressure, including a proven track record of responding effectively to feedback even up against deadlines for air.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and flexible hours.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment under deadlines and prioritize assignments
• Experience at gathering visual elements, prepping graphics and editing packages for segments is preferred
• Must be a team-player with proven interpersonal skills
• 3 years of newsroom or other editorial experience, preferably in journalism, production or related areas.
• Bachelorâ€™s degree preferred.
• Prior experience in sports journalism field is a plus!
CBS Sports, a year-round leader in cross-platform sports coverage, broadcasts a portfolio of events on the CBS Television Network, including THE NFL ON CBS; college football, including the SEC ON CBS; college basketball, including the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship; golf, including The Masters®, PGA Championship and PGA TOUR; soccer, including the UEFA Champions League and NWSL; and CBS SPORTS SPECTACULAR.
In addition, the division includes CBS SPORTS NETWORK, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports which televises live sports programming throughout the year, including college football and basketball games, UEFA Champions League and Europa League action, Italy's Serie A matches, Concacaf national team competitions, as well as a full slate of original programming and studio coverage.
CBS Sports also delivers an extensive lineup of global soccer coverage on Paramount , including every UEFA club competition match, all Serie A matches as well as Concacaf national team competitions, and produces INSIDE THE NFL for Paramount . CBS Sports Digital's multi-platform offerings include CBSSports.com and the CBS Sports apps for mobile and connected TV devices; the 24/7 streaming sports news network CBS Sports HQ; 247Sports; MaxPreps; CBS Sports fantasy games; and SportsLine.
Hiring Salary Range: $75,000 - 85,000.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, di