CBSLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We are expanding our Assistant Editor team and seeking individuals ready to take a leap forward, build an amazing reel, and most importantly, bring their strong Avid Media Composer skills to CBS's best-in-class marketing campaigns including Primetime (The Equalizer, Young Sheldon, NCIS, etc.), Late Night (Stephen Colbert and James Corden), Daytime (The Price is Right, The Young & The Restless, etc.), events such as the Grammys, Emmys, Super Bowl, and ACM Awards, Premium Paramount exclusives including Star Trek: Discovery, Star Trek: Picard, The Good Fight, The Twilight Zone, and work on corporate branding and image.
As an Assistant Editor, you will team up with other AEs and collaborate with writers/producers/editors, creative services, graphic artists, creative management, internal partners, and outside vendors in an Avid Media Composer environment. You will have many opportunities to shine and showcase the skills you've been wanting the world to see. This position is subject to a collective barganing agreement.
• Pull selects from episodic material and source stock footage
• Edit special/internal projects such as Webinars, Q&As, FYC's, and content for social media, and re-cut finished promos to shorter durations
• Export deliverables, enter script for finished promos into an online database, submit work orders for graphics, fix technical issues identified by audio mixers or colorists, and encode/resize
finished promos for digital and social outlets.
• Avid Nexis and project/bin management (i.e., rebuild databases, organize bins, move media to servers, etc.).
• Conform projects that originated in Adobe Premiere into Avid Media Composer
• Prep episodic sources, dailies, shoot footage, and graphics
• Overcut temporary footage in Avid sequence with final material
• Onboard new hires, vendors, and freelancers by providing access to production servers. Field questions about specs and delivery requirements.
• Assist with show pulls/highlight reels
• Other post-production-oriented tasks as needed
• 3 years working experience with Avid Media Composer.
• Promo/trailer/marketing or episodic TV experience preferred but not required.
• Film/TV production degree preferred but not required.
• Passionate about CBS/Paramount content (Trekkies encouraged to apply). Passionate about movie trailers and TV promos.
• Strong Avid Media Composer skills, knowledge of various camera formats, aspect ratios, frame rates, wrappers, and codecs
• Knowledge of computer and AV cable types, adapters and connectors. Can troubleshoot noncritical issues, signal flow problems, and computer error messages independently
• Basic familiarity with Adobe Premiere/After Effects
• Familiarity with file transfer services such as Aspera and Signiant, and video hosting sites such as frame.io, Shift, Wipster, or similar
• Experience creating/updating work orders using software such as Jira, Airtable, Trello, or similar
• A knack for automating or innovating everyday tasks
• Can identify and execute initiatives to make our department more efficient and creative
• Proactive, resourceful, and flexible. Anticipates needs. Problem solver. Able to make independent decisions in the handling of sensitive and confidential information while exercising
good judgment and discretion.
• Wants, values, and contributes to an inclusive, respectful, and collegial work environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills across email, Slack, Zoom, phone, work orders, technical documentation, training team members, and accepting and delivering constructive
• Familiarity with social media platforms and emerging technology
• Must be willing to join the union