Full Time Job
CBS Chicago, WBBM-TV seeks a creative collaborative Art Director who will lead a multidisciplinary team in the conceptualizing of production design. As our leader in design, we value and look to you in crafting the look and feel of all of CBS Chicago and CBSN streaming news.
Reporting to the Creative Director, you will collaborate with News Directors, Assistant News Director and other members of the team to develop strategic solutions. You are someone who finds inspiration while walking down the street or perhaps a pseudo-stalker in design websites stimulates and helps you thrive in generating original ideas. You love to collaborate with others as well as being the co-pilot serving as a daily continuous voice for direction on the design process. Your days will be a mix of high-level design overview and digging into detail, all while building a continuous inclusive perspective!
• Develop and lead all aspects of creative concepts for on-air look for CBS Chicago.
• Meet CBS objectives and strategies and adhering to tight deadlines.
• Direct and collaborate with staff and freelance designers.
• Work as a hands-on designer while closely nurturing conceptual development through every step of production.
• Direct the work of outside vendors as needed.
• Help handle and schedule an efficient workflow among the team.
• Lead and mentor junior staff, support, motivate and inspire designers with encouragement and constructive feedback. Eager, diligent and obsessed with attention to detail.
• Wizard in typography and motion design capabilities.
• Current with design trends, techniques, and processes.
• Seek out new recommendations and best design approach.
• Leads through vision, balancing multiple complex projects while simultaneously meeting quick turnaround tight deadlines in a high-work volume environment.
• 7 years of industry experience.
• 3 years of art direction, project lead, team management experience designing and directing production of branded materials and custom pieces.
• Skillful with Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator).
• Working knowledge of 3D platform, Cinema 4D and ViZRT.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Undergraduate degree in Graphic Design or related subject.