CBS Television StationsChicago, IL
Full Time Job
CBS Television Stations consists of 28 CBS-owned stations in 17 major U.S. markets, as well as the stations' digital properties. The portfolio of stations includes 15 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates.
The station group's properties also include CBSN Local, a joint initiative with CBS Interactive that features direct-to-consumer streaming news services in the markets where the Company has local news organizations. CBS Television Stations' premium local content is also distributed to consumers by the group's websites and mobile applications.
CBS Chicago is seeking an experienced journalist to join our fast-paced news team as a full time Digital Media Producer for our morning news day part. This is an editorial position. The ideal candidate has unwavering news judgment. The person also must possess strong news writing and copy-editing skills, the ability shoot video, and identify digital story trends. Candidates must be detail oriented and work well under pressure to meet demanding deadlines.
Prior experience in a newspaper, online or television newsroom is required.
This job requires flexible hours, including working weekends and evenings.
CBS Chicago digital media producers must possess a thorough understanding of online audience habits and audience acquisition strategies, including but not limited to:
• Strong journalistic skills including news judgment, research, writing and editing.
• Ability to shoot, edit video and optimize for all digital platforms, including our website and social media.
• How to use SEO strategies in building headlines, stories, galleries, multimedia posts, etc.
• Experience with multiple social media platforms on behalf of a brand or publication. Proven success driving traffic and brand through these platforms.
• Successful execution of visual strategies to program compelling section fronts.
• Understanding of basic web analytics and how to apply them.
CBS Chicago Digital Media Producers are expected to apply the above concepts in the following parts of their job:
• Recognize and produce compelling text and video content into multimedia posts for CBSChicago.com and social media platforms.
• Help coordinate digital assignments between the CBS Chicago reporters and producers. Clear communication, teamwork, and attention to detail are essential.
• Execute effective, company compliant messaging on Social Media, text and email platforms.
• Program website section fronts to engage digital consumers.
• Make sure all daily content production is optimized using SEO strategies.
• Track daily web analytics and social trends and respond accordingly.