CBS Television StationsWest Sacramento, CA
Full Time Job
CBS Television Stations consists of 28 CBS-owned stations in 17 major U.S. markets, as well as the stations' digital properties. The portfolio of stations includes 15 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates.
The station group's properties also include CBSN Local, a joint initiative with CBS Interactive that features direct-to-consumer streaming news services in the markets where the Company has local news organizations. CBS Television Stations' premium local content is also distributed to consumers by the group's websites and mobile applications.
Overview & Responsibilities:
Sports Anchor will provide sports reports for news programs and online properties. The Anchor will participate in the selection of sports related stories for presentation to the viewers. You will be assigned to cover and report live stories outside the station - on location. Ability to Interview guests and contributors appropriate to the stories being presented. Anchor must remain up to date with current events, in sports and news. The Sports Anchor will also be available to make personal appearances to promote the station.
• Must be able to capture, assemble and explain information on all stories assigned to you.
• Video editing ability is required.
• You must write with a clear and engaging style, using video and graphics to illustrate facts and ideas in the story.
• You must maintain a broad understanding of all sports and ability to tell stories about athletes, teams, leagues, and issues, both local and national.
• Must have at least six years of comparable television experience, with a minimum of 3 years as a Sports Anchor, working in a local market or network television news.
• Must have in-depth presentation and oral communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate optimally with a wide range of personnel.
• Must be able to do live reporting in an engaging and effective manner.
• Familiarity with the California region very effective.
• College degree required or equivalent experience.
• Must be able to operate keyboard with accuracy and speed
• Maintain a valid California driver's license in order to aim to reporting locations.
MUST APPLY FOR THIS POSITION ON LINE: www.cbs13.com – ''CAREERS'' link
Application Deadline: Position open until filled