Senior Web Producer, Wjz
CBS Television StationsBaltimore, MD
Full Time Job
CBS Television Stations consists of 28 CBS-owned stations in 17 major U.S. markets, as well as the stations' digital properties. The portfolio of stations includes 15 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates.
The station group's properties also include CBSN Local, a joint initiative with CBS Interactive that features direct-to-consumer streaming news services in the markets where the Company has local news organizations. CBS Television Stations' premium local content is also distributed to consumers by the group's websites and mobile applications.
Overview & Responsibilities
We are currently hiring Senior Web Producer for the Digital team at WJZ, our CBS Baltimore station. This person will be working hand-in-hand with the Digital Strategy Manager to lead the Digital team.
This role will report to the Digital Strategy Manager at WJZ.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities including:
• Leading and executing the digital strategy to improve traffic and user engagement across multiple platforms, as measured by site analytics.
• Developing observations of the audience, including crafting a content plan.
• Working with the Digital Strategy Manager to oversee, mentor, and develop junior Digital Producers.
• Writing and editing headlines, stories, and scripts to capture audience engagement.
We believe these are the key requirements to be successful:
• At least 5 years of experience working in a newsroom, with at least 3 years in a digital newsroom.
• Proven understanding of web and social media analytics to guide and validate decisions and performance.
• Natural editorial intuition for what our audience wants, including ability to respond quickly and effectively to breaking news.
• Ability to write engaging and succinctly. Please note that we will be looking for this in your cover letter.
• Experience writing digital news stories. Please include the URL for your writing portfolio and/or links to stories you have written.
• Experience and skills using video clipping systems to build digital-friendly video stories.
• Sports awareness is a plus, especially for the local major sports franchises.
• Bachelors Degree in Journalism, Digital Communications, or equivalent is preferred.