CBS Television StationsPittsburgh, PA
CBS Television Stations consists of 28 CBS-owned stations in 17 major U.S. markets, as well as the stations' digital properties. The portfolio of stations includes 15 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates.
The station group's properties also include CBSN Local, a joint initiative with CBS Interactive that features direct-to-consumer streaming news services in the markets where the Company has local news organizations. CBS Television Stations' premium local content is also distributed to consumers by the group's websites and mobile applications.
• Ability to multi-task and manage a show under pressure in and out of the control room, providing leadership and effectively communicating with all newscast team members
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent broadcast writing skills, including teases
• Ability to understand news stories, how they impact viewers and how to best communicate that in words and visuals
• Ability to use and manage multiple resources to produce a compelling show including: video, sound, graphics, multiple studio standup locations including ''Storyteller'' or similar technology, multiple live reporters via KU, ENG, IP transmission and helicopter
• We're looking for a creative producer, not just a show stacker; a team player with great people skills who can take direction from managers and execute the station's mission for a newscast
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• College Degree required
• At least two years' experience producing a commercial TV newscast required § Familiarity with non-linear editing and playback systems preferred
• Familiarity with social media and how to use it to generate and promote stories a plus
• Experience managing reporters using emerging forms of live transmission (i.e. LiveU, Dejero, Skype, Facetime, etc.) in addition to traditional ENG and KU modes a plus
• Must be able to work all shifts