Per Diem Web Producer
CBS Television StationsChicago, IL
Full Time Job
CBS Television Stations consists of 28 CBS-owned stations in 17 major U.S. markets, as well as the stations' digital properties. The portfolio of stations includes 15 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates.
The station group's properties also include CBSN Local, a joint initiative with CBS Interactive that features direct-to-consumer streaming news services in the markets where the Company has local news organizations. CBS Television Stations' premium local content is also distributed to consumers by the group's websites and mobile applications.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
CBS Chicago is seeking an experienced journalist to join our fast-paced news team as a per diem Digital Media Producer. This is an editorial position. The ideal candidate has unwavering news judgment. The person also must possess strong news writing and copy-editing skills, the ability shoot video, and identify digital story trends. Candidates must be detail oriented and work well under pressure to meet demanding deadlines.
Prior experience in a newspaper, online or television newsroom is required.
This job requires flexible hours, including working overnights, weekends and evenings.
CBS Chicago digital media producers must possess a thorough understanding of online audience habits and audience acquisition strategies, including but not limited to:
• Strong journalistic skills including news judgment, research, writing and editing.
• Ability to shoot, edit video and optimize for all digital platforms, including our website and social media.
• How to use SEO strategies in building headlines, stories, galleries, multimedia posts, etc.
• Experience with multiple social media platforms on behalf of a brand or publication. Proven success driving traffic and brand through these platforms.
• Successful execution of visual strategies to program compelling section fronts.
• Understanding of basic web analytics and how to apply them.
CBS Chicago Digital Media Producers are expected to apply the above concepts in the following parts of their job:
• Recognize and produce compelling text and video content into multimedia posts for CBSChicago.com and social media platforms.
• Help coordinate digital assignments between the CBS Chicago reporters and producers. Clear communication, teamwork, and attention to detail are essential.
• Execute effective, company compliant messaging on Social Media, text and email platforms.
• Program website section fronts to engage digital consumers.
• Make sure all daily content production is optimized using SEO strategies.
• Track daily web analytics and social trends and respond accordingly.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
border: 1px solid transparent;
border: 1px dashed #000a3c !important;
outline: none !important;
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.