Per Diem Sports Producer
CBS Television StationsChicago, IL
Full Time Job
CBS Television Stations consists of 28 CBS-owned stations in 17 major U.S. markets, as well as the stations' digital properties. The portfolio of stations includes 15 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates.
The station group's properties also include CBSN Local, a joint initiative with CBS Interactive that features direct-to-consumer streaming news services in the markets where the Company has local news organizations. CBS Television Stations' premium local content is also distributed to consumers by the group's websites and mobile applications.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Line produce, organize and edit sportscasts within daily news programs on as-needed basis.
• Prepare, coordinate, and edit on-air material for daily sportscasts.
• Work under extreme deadline pressure to create compelling sportscasts, in consultation with executive producer and sports anchor.
• Ability to shoot with prosumer camera when needed.
• Monitor and log televised sports events.
• Conceive, create and order graphics.
• Field produce, as needed.
• Maintain an unequivocal commitment to accuracy, fairness and ethics.
• Contribute story ideas
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Creative, organized, and results-oriented
• Line producing skills.
• Experience with non-linear editing. Edius edit system knowledge, a plus.
• Experience with non-linear shooting, a plus.
• Must have strong knowledge of Chicago-area sports
• Knowledge of use of social media and ability to execute station's digital strategy
• Ability to work flexible schedule, as needed.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Two years' experience as TV sports producer and non-linear editor, preferably in top 20 market
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or similar field
• Available to work irregular hours, weekends, and holidays.