Paid Intern - Assignment Desk
CBS Television StationsChicago, IL
Full Time Paid Internship
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
A unique learning opportunity for 2020/2021 college students interested in pursuing a career in TV News; interns will gain valuable exposure and experience in areas of the newsroom especially the Assignment Desk.
NEWS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
• News Interns will help answer phones at the Assignment Desk, develop skills for checking out news stories, log video tape and help reporters and producers research stories. Interns may also have the opportunity to accompany producers and reporters in the field at news conferences and other assignments. This position will also assist with Planning duties for the News room. Interns will get experience in using social media for newsgathering.
• Intern will be side by side with news department professionals, learning their craft and gaining valuable experience and knowledge.
• Each internship will be for approximately 3 months/1 semester. Candidates who are selected must be enrolled in college. This is a paid internship.
• The Internship will be considered ''at will'' employees and the Program can end at any time during each three/six month period at the station's sole discretion.
Results-Oriented, Dependable, Detail-Oriented, Courteous
Only those individuals who are highly motivated need apply.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Currently seeking a Bachelor's or Master's degree, preferably in Journalism or Communications.
• Strong social media and writing skills are preferred.
• Participation in college radio/TV stations/newspapers, magazines and websites will be taken into account.
• Previous internship or newsroom experience is very helpful.
• Excellent communication and computer skills are necessary.
• Familiarity and experience with databases would be a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled