Multi Media Journalist
CBS Television StationsChicago, IL
Full Time Job
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV's satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Seeking creative and experienced Sports Anchor/Reporter/MMJ for TV and all digital platforms.
• Report, write, shoot, and edit engaging, informative and compelling sports content.
• Develop and execute enterprise stories on regular basis.
• Consistently contribute sports content to station's social media and digital platforms
• Maintain an unequivocal commitment to accuracy, fairness and ethics.
• Ensure all daily production deadlines are met
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Dynamic storyteller and interviewer
• A leader who works well with a team and can successfully execute the station's mission
• Outstanding and energetic communicator on-air, online and social media platforms
• Vast knowledge of sports and teams that interests Chicago audience
• Experience with non-linear shooting and editing
• Knowledge of use of social media a must and ability to execute station's strategy.
• Works well under deadline pressure
• Ability to work flexible schedule, as needed.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Five years of experience as sports anchor/reporter, preferably in a top 20 market.
• Bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or similar field.
• Strong familiarity with Chicago area and local sports scene
• Experience shooting and editing with prosumer camera is encouraged