Meteorologist / Weather Anchor
CBS Television StationsStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
Meteorologist / Weather Anchor - Union
CBS Television Stations consists of 28 CBS-owned stations in 17 major U.S. markets, as well as the stations' digital properties. The portfolio of stations includes 15 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates.
The station group's properties also include CBSN Local, a joint initiative with CBS Interactive that features direct-to-consumer streaming news services in the markets where the Company has local news organizations. CBS Television Stations' premium local content is also distributed to consumers by the group's websites and mobile applications.
KCBS2/KCAL9, the nation's largest duopoly, is seeking a Meteorologist/Weather Anchor to join our award-winning weather team. To be considered you must provide examples of on-air presentation during severe weather (both in studio and in the field) and have the ability to showcase the functionality of weather graphics to enhance storytelling. Behind the scenes it is essential in this position to work closely with news management, newscast producers and the KCBS/KCAL digital team. You must also be willing to drive and utilize our Mobile Weather Lab vehicle and perform weathercasts or weather reporting on site from community functions or severe weather location. Also, this candidate must be prepared to give regular online weather updates/forecasts for all KCBS/KCAL digital platforms.
• WSI weather system knowledge and ability to utilize all functions on-air
• Demonstrate an ability to connect with the audience on digital and social platforms on a consistent basis
• Ability to shoot video and report utilizing Prosumer camera
• Minimum of three years on-air weather forecasting experience
• Minimum of five years weather casting or weather producing experience
• Maintain a steadfast commitment to forecasting accuracy and a consistent ability to utilize on-air all of the technical functionality of our weather systems
• College degree preferred
• Meteorology degree preferred along with applicable certifications.
All qualified candidates must apply to the CBS Television Stations online Applicant Tracking System: www.cbsandyou.com (internal applicants) and https://viacomcbs.careers/jobs (external applicants)
This is the only method in which applications will be accepted for open positions.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Only qualified candidates considered for this position will be contacted for an interview. We regret that we cannot accept phone calls or respond to individual inquiries.