CBS Television StationsPittsburgh, PA
Full Time Job
CBS Television Stations consists of 28 CBS-owned stations in 17 major U.S. markets, as well as the stations' digital properties. The portfolio of stations includes 15 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates.
The station group's properties also include CBSN Local, a joint initiative with CBS Interactive that features direct-to-consumer streaming news services in the markets where the Company has local news organizations. CBS Television Stations' premium local content is also distributed to consumers by the group's websites and mobile applications.
Execute KDKA/WPCW's mission for the duopoly's morning newscasts.
Lead all aspects of and manage morning newscasts on multiple platforms: Broadcast, streaming and digital. This includes 2½ hours on KDKA and 2 hours on WPCW.
Supervise a full crew of producers, reporters, photojournalists, anchors, digital and streaming staff who are all hungry, motivated journalists, driven to win everywhere.
Line-produce newscasts as needed.
Lead and mentor our ''morning voice'' on all platforms as it relates to breaking news, distinctive & original reporting and weather.
Work with a creative team to promote internally within newscasts and externally in other day parts.
• Ability to multi-task and effectively communicate with the news team daily newsgathering and high-stress, breaking news situations
• Must meet deadlines and make smart and ethical decisions with minimal supervision
• Excellent broadcast writing skills, including teases, and the ability to teach, mentor and critique others on these skills
• Ability to understand how stories and story selection attract and impact the market's morning viewers
• Motivate all members of the morning team to achieve station performance goals
• We're looking for a creative producer/manager; a great teammate with phenomenal people skills who can take direction from managers and execute the station's mission for the morning newscasts
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
College Degree required
At least four years' experience producing a commercial TV newscast required; previous news management experience preferred
Experience managing reporters using emerging forms of editing and transmission a plus
Must be able to work all shifts