Director Planning & Operations
CBS Television StationsBaltimore, MD
Full Time Job
CBS Television Stations consists of 28 CBS-owned stations in 17 major U.S. markets, as well as the stations' digital properties. The portfolio of stations includes 15 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates.
The station group's properties also include CBSN Local, a joint initiative with CBS Interactive that features direct-to-consumer streaming news services in the markets where the Company has local news organizations. CBS Television Stations' premium local content is also distributed to consumers by the group's websites and mobile applications.
POSITION TITLE: DIRECTOR OF PLANNING AND OPERATIONS
Location: Baltimore, MD
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Partner with station GM to ensure the stations' financial resources are being used in the most effective and efficient manner.
- Develop monthly forecasts and annual budgets, financial analysis and financial reporting of actual performance versus forecasts by department.
- Coordinate annual budget process and presentation including out-of-market meetings with division executives.
- Monitor and lead all aspects of expense control of the stations and be proactive with cost reduction leadership. Review and Approve all station Term Sheets and PO's.
- Assist with union negotiations in certain markets with local agreements.
- Provide station performance analysis and ad hoc reporting requests to division Financial Planning and to TV Station Management
- Partner with local News, Engineering and Sales department heads to proactively manage the day to day operations and challenges in running local stations
- Liaison with central internal controls to ensure compliance.
- Work with Local/Corporate Human Resources when needed on HR-related matters.
- Work with various station vendors to develop pricing and negotiate contracts.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 7 to 10 years of related experience in roles of growing responsibility in finance management.
- Results-oriented, innovative and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in team environment, multi-task and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, demonstrate leadership and management skills.
- Previous television or industry experience required.
- Oracle accounting system experience is preferred.
- College degree required, with an Accounting or Finance major, CPA or MBA preferred.
- Out-of-market and outside normal business hours availability required.