Director Digital Media
CBS Television StationsPittsburgh, PA
This was removed by the employer on 8/31/2021 9:01:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Direct to Web Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director Digital Media jobs in Pittsburgh-PA
Search all Director Digital Media postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director Digital Media?
Full Time Job
CBS Television Stations consists of 28 CBS-owned stations in 17 major U.S. markets, as well as the stations' digital properties. The portfolio of stations includes 15 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates.
The station group's properties also include CBSN Local, a joint initiative with CBS Interactive that features direct-to-consumer streaming news services in the markets where the Company has local news organizations. CBS Television Stations' premium local content is also distributed to consumers by the group's websites and mobile applications.
KDKA-TV, the #1 station in broadcast and digital markets has a rare opening for a Digital Content Director. We're looking for someone to lead the team to new heights with the entire digital portfolio, including our CBSN Pittsburgh streaming service.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced environment, pays attention to detail and enjoys the challenges of meeting deadlines. This person will lead a team of eager and hardworking digital and streaming producers. As a leader, you will encourage, empower and educate a team to innovate and develop fresh ideas for traditional desktop/apps/social media and OTT.
• Strengthen the team's knowledge of digital skills and website management (html, CMS, social, digital analytics) tools
• Mentor the team of digital producers.
• Develop and implement strategies to grow reach & engage with audiences.
• Build and implement comprehensive digital coverage plans for major news, weather and sports events.
• Collaborate with digital sales teams for revenue optimization and client partnerships tied to traditional digital and OTT
• Motivate staff to maintain KPIs and brand outreach
• Coordinate and collaborate on the production and optimization of content
• Continually monitor and react strategically to digital analytics to adeditorial decision-making
• Practice strong news judgment and coordinate digital contributions from other teams (reporters, photojournalists, et al)
• Work closely with station managers and ViacomCBS leadership on long-term planning
• Degree in journalism, communications, digital publishing or related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in digital publishing & production in a newsroom setting
• Experience producing local newscasts is a plus
• Knowledge of Wordpress, CrowdTangle, HTML, Google Analytics, Anvato, Photoshop, Crispin and iNews preferred
• Strong writing & copy editing skills.
• Strong understanding and implementation of SEO
• Candidates must have a deep understanding of metrics, SEO strategies, and digital best practices.
• Highly organized & detail-oriented
• Must be passionate about crafting this type of content and collaborative in the process.