Digital Line Producer
CBS Television StationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/4/2021 6:00:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Digital Line Producer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Digital Line Producer postings
Full Time Job
CBS Television Stations consists of 28 CBS-owned stations in 17 major U.S. markets, as well as the stations' digital properties. The portfolio of stations includes 15 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates.
The station group's properties also include CBSN Local, a joint initiative with CBS Interactive that features direct-to-consumer streaming news services in the markets where the Company has local news organizations. CBS Television Stations' premium local content is also distributed to consumers by the group's websites and mobile applications.
CBSN New York is looking for a Digital Line Producer to work on CBSN New York's local live streaming network. The DLP will work with the control room teams managing, optimizing, and timing live and on demand video content for hyper-local mobile, desktop and OTT platforms.
The role requires close coordination with Senior and Broadcast Line Producers during live news programs, but the DLP takes on many responsibilities from writing headlines to maximizing SEO and shareability and working with video editors and social media team to edit and publish out video.
• DLP will help drive the editorial vision and execution of our live newscasts and produce compelling wheels focused on local news, local weather, entertainment, lifestyle, and consumer stories
• Responsible for conceiving/creating wheels during non-live news time
• Anticipate needs of the show for video, graphics, scripts and other elements
• DLP will be expected to work with ADLP, Executive Producers, Directors, Managing Editor, Reporters
• Strong writing skills
• Experience with Crispin, video editing systems a plus
• Responsible for coordinating coverage of live news conferences on CBSN New York
• Responsible for sending out push alerts for coverage on CBSN New York
• Demonstrate expertise in timing in a control room environment
• Produce localized news, consumer, lifestyle, entertainment segments
• 2 years' experience in creating and building show rundowns in cable, broadcast or digital environment
• Demonstrated success operating in a fast-paced control room
• Ability to work under extremely tight deadlines to write headlines and edit video for live digital broadcast.
• Thorough knowledge of social media and the competitive digital news environment
• Familiarity with Avid editing systems and iNews
• Available for early mornings, nights, overnights, weekends, holidays; this is a 24-hour streaming service
• Experience with Crispin and iNews a big plus
• Understanding of SEO