Associate Digital Line Producer
CBS Television StationsPhiladelphia, PA
Full Time Job
CBS Television Stations consists of 28 CBS-owned stations in 17 major U.S. markets, as well as the stations' digital properties. The portfolio of stations includes 15 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates.
The station group's properties also include CBSN Local, a joint initiative with CBS Interactive that features direct-to-consumer streaming news services in the markets where the Company has local news organizations. CBS Television Stations' premium local content is also distributed to consumers by the group's websites and mobile applications.
Overview & Responsibilities:
CBSN-Philly is looking for an Associate Digital Line Producer (ADLP) to work on CBSN-Philly's local live streaming network! The person will work with the Digital Line Producers (DLPs) and the control room teams managing and optimizing live and on demand video content for mobile, desktop and OTT platforms!
The role requires close coordination with DLPs, Senior and Broadcast Line Producers during live news programs, but the ADLP will assist with writing headlines, editing video and maximizing SEO and shareability.
• Helping to Code/stack rundown content at the direction of the DLP with regard to video, graphics, scripts and other elements.
• Anticipate the needs of the DLP and the show with regard to video, graphics, scripts and other elements while also taking direction from senior producers.
• Helping to coordinate with the DLP during live news programs.
• Assisting with build show rundowns.
• Recent college grad with 1 years of experience preferred writing, editing and building show rundowns in cable, broadcast or digital environment.
• Ability to work under extremely tight deadlines to write headlines and edit video for live digital broadcast.
• Knowledge of social media and the competitive digital news environment.
• Familiarity with Avid editing systems and ENPS and iNews.
• Available for early mornings, nights, overnights, weekends, holidays; this is a 24-hour streaming service.
• Experience with Crispin and iNews a big plus.
• Understanding of SEO.