Assistant News Director
CBS Television StationsPhiladelphia, PA
Full Time Job
CBS Television Stations consists of 28 CBS-owned stations in 17 major U.S. markets, as well as the stations' digital properties. The portfolio of stations includes 15 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates.
The station group's properties also include CBSN Local, a joint initiative with CBS Interactive that features direct-to-consumer streaming news services in the markets where the Company has local news organizations. CBS Television Stations' premium local content is also distributed to consumers by the group's websites and mobile applications.
KYW-TV/WPSG-TV, a ViacomCBS owned and operated station in Philadelphia (market # 4) is seeking a dynamic, creative, self-motivated, decision-making Assistant News Director with excellent news judgment and strong management and leadership skills. The ideal candidate will be able to own the day-to-day editorial operations in a highly competitive market, work closely with the News Director on long term planning, hiring, union negotiations, and newsroom administration.
• A proven track record with strong experience in all aspects of television production for this HD television news operation.
• possess aptitude for integrating new technology applications in this multi-media, multi-platform environment.
• Previous experience working in a tapeless, non-linear newsroom. Familiarity with I-news, and Chyron graphics systems is a plus.
• A flexible schedule is required.
• A college degree and a minimum of 5 years' experience in a medium/large television market or network.