CBS Television StationsFort Worth, TX
Full Time Job
CBS Television Stations consists of 28 CBS-owned stations in 17 major U.S. markets, as well as the stations' digital properties. The portfolio of stations includes 15 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates.
The station group's properties also include CBSN Local, a joint initiative with CBS Interactive that features direct-to-consumer streaming news services in the markets where the Company has local news organizations. CBS Television Stations' premium local content is also distributed to consumers by the group's websites and mobile applications.
Aggressively pursue smart, relevant breaking news.
- Generate and develop enterprise story ideas; MUST contribute to editorial discussions
- Ability to write and/or edit news stories for digital platforms
- Assign and manage multiple news crews based on individual assessment of the best use of time and resources.
- DEVELOP RELATIONSHIPS AND CONTACTS TO GENERATE ENTERPRISE CONTENT
- Monitor news scanners and social media sites from all sources including, but not limited to news competition, law enforcement, fire agencies, courts, Twitter and Facebook.
- Maintain ongoing data files for high-profile stories and collaborate with Producers and Reporters to bookmark and develop this content.
- 2 years of newsroom experience preferred
- Knowledge of television broadcasting and familiarity with DFW area is a plus
- Strong news judgment, organizational and planning skills.
- Strong tech skills including familiarity with Accurint and Lexis databases; CMS systems and Grass Valley/Stratus server and edit software
- Must have basic ability to write for digital or broadcast platforms
- Possess the ability to respond quickly, calmly and expertly to deadlines, changing circumstances and breaking news; must be able to quickly prioritize and make decisions requiring critical thinking and independent judgment.
- SHIFT VARIES AND IS TBD