Anchor / Reporter
CBS Television StationsSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/22/2021 7:59:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Anchor / Reporter jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Anchor / Reporter postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Anchor / Reporter?
Full Time Job
CBS Television Stations consists of 28 CBS-owned stations in 17 major U.S. markets, as well as the stations' digital properties. The portfolio of stations includes 15 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates.
The station group's properties also include CBSN Local, a joint initiative with CBS Interactive that features direct-to-consumer streaming news services in the markets where the Company has local news organizations. CBS Television Stations' premium local content is also distributed to consumers by the group's websites and mobile applications.
Overview and Responsibilities:
KPIX5 is recruiting for an anchor/reporter to join our award winning team of journalists. KPIX5 is a multi-platform newsroom and our anchors present and help prepare content for both on-air and online. The successful candidate knows how to connect with an audience through engaging, credible content. Our anchors are leaders who help shape the editorial day and mentor staff. Must work well under tight deadlines and have excellent ''LIVE'' anchoring skills.
• Anchor assigned newscasts.
• Write news scripts for on-air and online.
• Assist in copy editing of newscasts.
• Serve as a reporter as assigned, including special reports.
• Have an active presence on social media that engages the audience.
• Collaborate with and mentor producers and reporters.
• Make station appearances as required.
• Develop sources and story ideas.
• Other duties as required by management.
• Minimum of 3 years anchoring or reporting news for broadcast media.
• Must have engaging on-air presence.
• Demonstrated ability to clearly and with command present breaking news.
• Must be able to work varied shifts.
• Demonstrate expertise with generating multi-platform content and engagement.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.