Summer Paid Intern - Production & Audiovisual Support, Operations & Engineering / Showtime
CBS Television NetworkNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/30/2020 11:18:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Paid Intern - Production & Audiovisual Support, Operations & Engineering / Showtime jobs in New York-NY
Search all Summer Paid Intern - Production & Audiovisual Support, Operations & Engineering / Showtime postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Summer Paid Intern - Production & Audiovisual Support, Operations & Engineering / Showtime? The person in this position joins the team responsible for technical support of our broadcast post-production and audiovisual infrastructure at Showtime's New York offices. As a member of this team, they will learn about and support many of the creative areas of a large media network, including audio & video editorial, graphics design and animation, quality control, and broadcast operations. Additionally, they will help our employees in the area of conferencing and collaboration technology, by learning how to set up media presentations and participate in Zoom videoconferencing.
Our management and technical staff will familiarize our intern with our multimedia workflows, and the technology we rely on to get our product to air. They will learn to support a creative staff with real deadlines and gain an understanding of the skills (both technical and non-technical) that will help them excel in a production environment.
• The summer intern will provide support to our creative production staff. This includes answering the support hotline and directing calls as necessary, going to production systems to assess technical problems, and working with the support management staff to provide solutions. They also will learn to deploy various production workstations in an enterprise environment.
• The summer intern will respond to audiovisual support requests and become familiar with our conference and collaboration technology. This includes multimedia presentations, video conferences, and webcasting events.
The ideal candidate will be enrolled in a program related to media production technology or audio/video engineering and have a genuine interest in production and collaboration technology, and possess an enthusiasm to learn how our product is created. They will have exposure to many different people at all different corporate levels throughout our organization and so strong written and verbal communication skills as well as problem-solving skills are essential.
Additional helpful skills:
• Familiarity with Mac OS X, basic networking.
• Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (especially Premiere, Photoshop, and After Effects).
• Understanding of A/V wiring and routing concepts.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.