Manager, Post Production
CBS Television NetworkLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
• The Manager, Production is responsible for assisting the Director, Production in day-to-day operations to ensure promos are produced efficiently to meet tight deadlines. They must thrive on creativity and innovation, working to inspire a multifunctional team with a management approach that embraces teamwork, collaboration, mentorship, open communication and diversity. Key duties include continually updating production project management system, processing service requests, and coordinating with creative pods to discuss needs. This position is the secondary liaison, behind the Director, Production, coordinating all production with Media Planning, CBS Interactive, Paramount Plus, the marketing creative management team, 25 promo writer/producers, animated graphics group, technical and production personnel, talent, agents, etc. The Manager, Production will also manage a team of 4 Post Production Coordinators and 3 Project Managers daily.
• Helps manage production of all (16,000 elements) marketing content produced per year. Working with various departments and divisions to coordinate production and meet daily network on-air and CBS Interactive deadlines. Supervises production staff, including Project Managers, Post-Production Supervisors and Coordinators, online editors, and audio mixers. Schedules voice-over talent sessions, and negotiate fees as required.
• Collaborates with Director, Production, Director, Technical Operations, VP, Production and Operations, and senior department management to develop new and more efficient automated workflows. This includes integrating on-premise production systems, with cloud project management, storage, file transport, transcoding, AI (artificial intelligence) solutions.
• Works with the production group's Project Managers to ensure all production data is correctly entered into Jira, our workflow management program and that graphic orders have been accurately submitted to the Design Animation group.
• Fulfills Service Desk Requests by utilizing ticketing system (Jira) for Social, Streaming, and miscellaneous requests.
• Works with Writer/Producers and Creative Directors to ensure production needs are met and promos can be produced with minimal delays.
• Works closely with Campaign Managers to anticipate/prepare upcoming spots for production as well as create derivative versions per media orders.
• Ensures that all produced marketing content is uploaded to the Digital Asset Management (DAM) system, which is used to share and distribute content with the entire marketing group and our partners (e.g., CBS Interactive, CBS All Access, CBS International, etc.).
• Manages a team of 4 Post Production Coordinators and 3 Project Managers.
• Fulfills all duties and responsibilities for the Director, Production when they are on vacation or ill.
• Bachelor's Degree with a major in Television or Film production (from four-year college or university).
• 5 years related experience at a television network, network affiliate, major film studio, production company or advertising agency.
• 2 years of people management experience.
• Solid technical background in post-production is required.
• Must have thorough knowledge of linear and nonlinear editing techniques, audio pre-lay and mixing techniques, media file codecs, and media file formats, animated graphics elements, understanding of file-based post-production workflows and other miscellaneous equipment and cloud services typically used in post-production.
• Well organized and detail oriented
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work well under pressure in order to deal with daily on-air deadlines.
• Knowledge of the Mac and Windows operating systems, spreadsheets, database systems, and general word processing.
• Familiarity with Jira ticketing/workflow system.
FUNCTION: Post Production