Associate Director Air Control
CBS Television NetworkNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manages the overall workflows and personnel in CBS and CW Air Control. Establishes and Maintains broadcast operating procedures for CBS, CW, and Dabl Networks.
Assists with the planning, coordination, and implementation of all broadcast program originations for CBS, CW, and Dabl Networks.
Responsible for all activities in Air Control, which includes direct intervention for all on-air special situations. Activity, i.e., Special Reports, Sports Run-over, and contingency programming.
• Consults with other CBS divisions and outside agencies on practices and procedures for originating and controlling broadcast origination.
• Interacts constantly with all areas of the broadcast operation. Coordinates the activities of TX, MDC (Media Distribution Center), and Media Asset Services. Interacts to exchange and/or verify information affecting air with Sales, Promotion, CBS Sports Division, CBS News Division, Captioning Department, and Affiliate Relations.
• Available 24 hours a day seven days a week by phone to respond to broadcast problems. Must be able to return to Broadcast Center at all times.
• The complexity of work is not routine, must adapt broadcast operations policy to frequently changing situations.
• Decision-making is considerable and can affect on-air continuity.
• College Graduate, 8 years experience in Network Broadcast Operations
• Good analytical skills
• Good interpersonal skills