Assistant Editor, Watch Magazine
CBS Television NetworkNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/8/2021 6:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Assistant Editor, Watch Magazine jobs in New York-NY
Search all Assistant Editor, Watch Magazine postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant Editor, Watch Magazine?
Full Time Job
Watch Magazine, a leading entertainment content magazine that publishes 6 times a year with a commanding web profile, is searching for a full-time Assistant Editor to join our team. As a member of the ViacomCBS company, Watch's ideal candidate will have a love of all things editorial and a strong knowledge of pop culture and CBS Television content. This candidate will join a top tier editorial team with the main goal of promoting our key brands like CBS, Showtime, The CW and Paramount on the pages of Watch Magazine and our website. They will assist our Art, Edit, and Photo departments with the day-to-day duties of the magazine including:
• Work closely with the editorial team to find and pitch news stories and other content.
• Write and/or report on stories for our print and digital issues, plus web content.
• Help with edits as needed and assist our photo department with the tracking of photography and photo credits.
• Assist our Editor-in Chief and Executive Editor in an organizational capacity, helping maintain story workflow, help with photo shoots and product returns, and help with budget organization for art and photo departments.
• Fact check each issue of the magazine.
• 1-2 years of experience writing editorial content
• 1-2 years of fact checking experience
• Copy editing skills
• Strong organizational skills and a proven ability to work independently
• Strong writing skills with attention to detail
• An understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and some experience working with InDesign and Photoshop