CBS StudiosStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
CBS Studios is one of the industry's leading suppliers of programming with more than 70 series currently in production across broadcast and cable networks, streaming services and other emerging platforms.
The Studio's expansive portfolio spans a diverse slate of commercially successful and critically acclaimed scripted programming, genre-defining franchises including the ever-growing ''Star Trek'' universe, award-winning late night and daytime talk shows, and an extensive library of iconic intellectual property.
Overview & Responsibilities:
The Vice President of Production is responsible for leading all aspects of production for current and returning scripted series, tentpoles, unscripted projects, and more. Including, but not limited to budgeting, scheduling, and staffing.
Reporting to the SR. EVP of Studios Physical Production, you will work closely with show producers and key department heads to ensure that shows are produced at the highest quality given the constraints of the budget. This position will work closely with Current Programming, Business Affairs, Legal, Creative Executives, Production Finance, Labor, Human Resources, and Production Facilities.
include but are not limited to:
• Oversee the physical production, short-form, production operations, and varied Network projects in development, 3rd party pre-production and production stages.
• Assess production needs to develop a production organizational ''blueprint'', as well as schedule and budgetary considerations.
• Establish and enforce company policies and safety procedures for staff and project-based employees.
• Recommend forward-thinking process improvements to improve production quality and capacity.
• Align daily with the creative executives on production strategies, best practices, and operations.
• Act as a liaison between 3rd party production companies and development executives assigned to specific projects, along with trouble-shooting daily production.
• Mentor develop and nurture team.
• 12 years of above-related experience:
• Production Management leadership experience (i.e. Line Producer), and/or studio production management experience.
• Must have production management experience with multiple genres, including scripted, unscripted, animation.
• Extensive experience with budget management and ownership is crucial.
• Respected Industry leader in the production space with a proven track record of success.
• Extensive experience working with, and cultivating relationships with high-profile producers, writers, and showrunners
• Must be dedicated, resourceful, and strategic in every aspect of his/her job responsibilities.
• Results-oriented and takes ownership of business deliverables
• Must have strong management skills with proven ability to lean into staff and develop and retain high potential talent.
• Excellent communication and writing skills and must be self-motivated