Manager, Human Resources
CBS StudiosStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Human Resources, Production, CBS Studios
CBS Studios is one of the industry's leading suppliers of programming with more than 70 series currently in production across broadcast and cable networks, streaming services and other emerging platforms.
The Studio's expansive portfolio spans a diverse slate of commercially successful and critically acclaimed scripted programming, genre-defining franchises including the ever-growing ''Star Trek'' universe, award-winning late night and daytime talk shows, and an extensive library of iconic intellectual property.
The Production HR department is focused on creating an inclusive environment that supports all of our people, professionally and personally, to ensure that we can bring our best selves to work and drive creativity, innovation and results by connecting with the rich diversity of our employees, audiences and partners. To support this objective, CBS Studios maintains a high-service HR delivery approach that provides each show, writers' room and post-production facility with a dedicated HR Production Partner, redefining what HR means to entertainment production in the industry and helping create and support a work environment where there is zero tolerance for harassment, discrimination and/or bullying, and where all individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
- Production HR manager to assigned productions, responsible for supporting the Director in day-to-day HR management of the production
- May give some day to day direction to HR Coordinator
- The successful incumbent will demonstrate and possess the following attributes:
o excellent initiative, problem solving, and ''ownership'' of issues from initiation to conclusion with a spirit of ''arriving with solutions'' in mind and providing affirmative reporting on the issues rather than requiring more-than-occasional follow-up
o a positive, collaborative, team-oriented approach with an eye towards pitching in and volunteering to help teammates get the job done
o a strong ability to ''operate in the grey,'' managing HR communications and efforts consistent with the spirit of company directives while applying a tone, business judgment, and diplomacy to each unique creative, technical, and operational production environment they support
o ''above and beyond'' client-centric approach
- Provides HR support to POC, APOC, & Keys, as well as front line support for all line-level crew
- With direction, field and resolve general performance management issues and employee relations matters such as replacements/terminations, performance issues, and incident-based behavioral concerns
- At direction of HR leadership, organize and facilitate customized classes, sessions, and programs for productions
- In partnership with HRD and HR VP, also partner with Labor Relations and Employment Law for performance issues, staffing change/termination requests, and incident-based behavioral concerns, as needed
- Primary responsibility for generating periodic (weekly, monthly, etc.) reporting as requested by leadership
- The incumbent is expected to remain connected and available to do business consistent with the schedule of their television productions, which typically may involve off hours support
- Other duties as assigned
5 years' experience in a high-volume, ER-intensive production-related environment, preferably entertainment but individuals in other industries with the above-described attributes of a successful incumbent are encouraged to apply
Demonstrated knowledge of at-least-intermediate-level HR and employment concepts relating to ADA, FMLA, and other local, state and federal employment law and practice, labor relations, and other HR disciplines. PHR, SPHR, SHRM or other certification highly preferred; masters or higher work in HR, labor relations, business or related fields also a plus