Legal Administrative Assistant- CBS Studios
CBS StudiosStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
CBS Studios is one of the industry€™s leading suppliers of programming with more than 70 series currently in production across broadcast and cable networks, streaming services and other emerging platforms.
The Studio€™s expansive portfolio spans a diverse slate of commercially successful and critically acclaimed scripted programming, genre-defining franchises including the ever-growing €œStar Trek€ universe, award-winning late night and daytime talk shows, and an extensive library of iconic intellectual property.
• Proactively organizing and assisting three attorneys;
• Distributing and assisting in preparing and revising numerous talent, production-related, and other agreements, including acquisition agreements, agreements for writers, producers, and directors, certificates of authorship, separated rights agreements;
• Liaising with other CBS departments and with third parties such as talent representatives;
• Drafting letters and emails as requested;
• Maintaining multiple status reports;
• Managing calendars for attorneys, including scheduling of meetings and telephone calls;
• Handling multiple administrative tasks for attorneys and the department, e.g. processing expense reports, managing electronic billing, ordering supplies, etc.;
• Assisting with and coordinating preparation of visa applications for foreign talent;
• Handling confidential and proprietary information with utmost discretion; and
• Assisting with ad hoc projects as needed.
• At least 1 year legal assistant experience, including experience preparing, revising and distributing agreements; and
• Bachelor€™s degree preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills and communication skills (in-person and on the telephone);
• High standards of professionalism and confidentiality;
• Highly proactive, self-starter and eager to take initiative;
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task within tight time constraints;
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor;
• Superior attention to detail;
• Excellent writing and communication skills; and
• Excellent word processing skills using the MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.