CBS StudiosStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
CBS Studios is one of the industry's leading suppliers of programming with more than 70 series currently in production across broadcast and cable networks, streaming services and other emerging platforms.
The Studio's expansive portfolio spans a diverse slate of commercially successful and critically acclaimed scripted programming, genre-defining franchises including the ever-growing ''Star Trek'' universe, award-winning late night and daytime talk shows, and an extensive library of iconic intellectual property.
We are seeking a financial analyst to join the Financial Planning and Analysis Cash Flow team. The department coordinates with other divisions and other studios in order to maintain financial projections (ultimates/lifetimes) for more than 130 current and library titles that are produced/co-produced by the Studio. The department also coordinates with other divisions within the company for information required in order to prepare CBS Studios' monthly forecasts and annual budgets. The department prepare projected financial statements, presentations and variance analyses which are presented to senior management and submitted to the Corporate Finance team.
• Assist in preparation of the Cash Flow for annual budget, monthly actuals and monthly forecasting.
• Update and maintain show ultimates, Cash Flow forecast templates, and various reports used during annual budget, monthly actuals and monthly forecasting.
• Coordinate with other divisions and operational units during the planning process to ensure information is accurate and includes reasonable assumptions.
• Assist in Cash Flow actuals analyses with the Accounting Department.
• Assist in variance analyses comparing to prior forecast, budget and prior year.
• Run and analyze reports from the general ledger.
• Provide various ad hoc analyses when needed.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance or Accounting.
• Two years' experience in a position (inclusive of internships) in either a finance or accounting department preferred.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
• Must be detail oriented with the ability to organize and prioritize to meet deadlines.
• Requires strong analytical skills to analyze financial data.
• Works well as a team member with strong interdependency within the team.
• Strong proficiency in Excel (create formulas, pivot tables, vlookups, macros, etc) with a working knowledge of Access, Word and Power Point.
• Experience with Oracle, TM1 and Cognos helpful.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.