External Production Finance Auditor, CBS Studios
CBS StudiosStudio City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/22/2022 3:58:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Search for External Production Finance Auditor, CBS Studios jobs in Studio City-CA
Search all External Production Finance Auditor, CBS Studios postings
Full Time Job
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount , Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Overview and Responsibilities
CBS Studios is one of the industryâ€™s leading suppliers of programming with more than 70 series currently in production across broadcast and cable networks, streaming services, and other emerging platforms. The Studioâ€™s expansive portfolio spans a diverse slate of commercially successful and critically acclaimed scripted programming, genre-defining franchises, award-winning late night and daytime talk shows, and extensive library of iconic intellectual property.
The external auditor is primarily responsible for carrying out specific audit assignments to verify that invoiced television, PSA, and episodic streaming program costs are following contract terms. This position works independently to verify costs, prepare work papers in support of work performed; discuss findings with and draft audit findings in audit reports: for CBS Studios, CBS Network, Showtime, Paramount TV, and support for other Paramount Global divisions. This role will work closely with Studio departments, Business Affairs, Production Finance, and external studios related divisions. This person will report to the VP External Production Audit.
This position covers all aspects of audit including license fee, deficit, breakage, residuals, development, collective bargaining agreement, union guild audits, insurance claim audits and the following:
• Perform cost verification audits of outside suppliersâ€™ production costs under the direction of the VP of audit, including planning and audit settlement. Typical audit assignments include cost verification of pilots and series, residuals, and special breakage deal reimbursements
• Document work performed in work papers and quantify audit exceptions
• Communicate audit findings to internal management and outside producers
• Draft and issue audit reports to internal partners
• Assist in special project assignments as needed
• Conduct contract compliance audits of television show costs with minimal direct supervision.
• Analyze legal contracts, verify production costs, conduct detailed audit testing, and document audit issues while quantifying audit exceptions that will ultimately confirm or reduce invoiced show costs.
• Minimum of 2 years of Production Finance External Audit experience required Studio Majors or media and Studio experience a plus
• Bachelorâ€™s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field preferred
• MBA or Law degree a plus
• Strong negotiating, strategic and analytical abilities, capable of accurately carrying out the fundamentals of auditing
• Ability to analyze contractual terms and understand union rules and requirements
• Strong administrative skills, including the ability to balance multiple assignments simultaneously
• A self-starter, adaptable, persuasive, and perceptive with superior communication skills
• Ability to see a project through to completion and take job ownership
• Good practical judgment and decision-making skills
• Proficiency with excel spreadsheets
At all levels of Finance, every employee is expected to embody these core competencies:
• Complete goals and deadlines.
• Influence and effectively communicate with others to drive work forward
• Design, apply, and interpret robust analytical solutions to support decisions
• Positively supply to a culture of people development and learning
• Uphold ways of working that promote DE&I advocacy
• Translate the â€œbig pictureâ€ vision into a clear action plan