Director, Business Affairs - CBS Studios
CBS StudiosStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
CBS Studios seeks a junior to mid-level business affairs executive. The position will begin remotely but will ultimately be based in Los Angeles, CA. Reports to the EVPs, Business Affairs.
Major responsibilities will include:
• Construct, negotiate, document, and manage a wide variety of agreements in connection with the development, production and distribution of scripted and unscripted programming (including but not limited to above-the-line talent, rights, overall, and content license and co-production agreements).
• Strategize with, advise and counsel Studio executives, executive producers, and other senior program personnel on all business affairs matters.
• Work cross functionally and tactically with all other key Studio departments including Production, Finance, Media Relations, Marketing, Legal Affairs, Tax, Labor Relations, and Distribution.
• 2-5 years of transferable professional legal and/or business affairs experience in television production and content licensing preferred (law firm and/or major studio experience highly preferred).
• JD degree and California State Bar Certification highly preferred.
• Experience organizing and drafting television talent, rights, and distribution agreements. Effectively negotiate and interact with agents, managers, outside attorneys, and legal and business affairs executives at other studios and production companies.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation, and analytical skills while succinctly conveying and explaining complex business and legal concepts.
• Reliably execute multiple, high-priority projects concurrently and proactively. Problem solve under tight timeframes with a keen attention to detail and time management.
• Display a professional, positive, and confident demeanor with excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
• Demonstrate remarkable initiative, creativity, flexibility and adaptability within corporate parameters. Embrace rapidly evolving situations and tasks outside of existing areas of expertise.
• Work both autonomously as well as collaboratively with the business affairs team and other company executives and departments.
FUNCTION: Business Affairs