Director, Budgeting & Financial Analysis
CBS StudiosStudio City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/7/2021 3:00:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Search for Director, Budgeting & Financial Analysis jobs in Studio City-CA
Search all Director, Budgeting & Financial Analysis postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Budgeting & Financial Analysis?
Full Time Job
CBS Studios is one of the industry's leading suppliers of programming with more than 70 series currently in production across broadcast and cable networks, streaming services, and other emerging platforms. The Studio's expansive portfolio spans a diverse slate of commercially successful and critically acclaimed scripted programming, genre-defining franchises, award-winning late night and daytime talk shows, and extensive library of iconic intellectual property.
CBS Studios seeks a Director who will be responsible for budgeting and financial analysis within CBS Studios' television production group. Reports to VP, Production Finance.
The position will begin remotely, but will ultimately be based in Studio City, CA.
• Prepare initial series production budgets and cash flows for projects in development and pre-production
• Work closely with VP, Production Finance to develop preliminary budget scenarios and report timely and accurate information back to the studio Production and Finance executives
• Track budget drafts and notes
• Partner with studio Legal/Business Affairs, Labor Relations, Contract Administration, Production departments to ensure current and accurate budgeting
• Manage and prepare ad hoc reports, presentations, and special initiatives for senior studio leadership
• 7 years of production finance experience required, preferably in scripted television, or finance experience in entertainment, consulting, or public accounting
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field
• Strong financial modeling and analytical abilities
• Expert skill level with Movie Magic Budgeting, production accounting systems (Smart Accounting/Classic Vista/PSL), Excel, and PowerPoint
• Solid understanding union labor agreements
• Broad understanding of production incentives
• Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal and project management skills
• Attention to detail, desire for accuracy, and a strong sense of urgency
• Ability to understand and articulate issues using creative, production or financial context
• Ability to quickly learn new concepts, think strategically, identify problems and implement solutions
• MBA or Master's Degree preferred
• 10 years working as Lead Production Accountant on location and distant major studio size productions