Director, Awards & Publicity
CBS StudiosStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
CBS Studios is one of the industry's leading suppliers of programming with more than 70 series currently in production across broadcast and cable networks, streaming services and other emerging platforms.
The Studio's expansive portfolio spans a diverse slate of commercially successful and critically acclaimed scripted programming, genre-defining franchises including the ever-growing ''Star Trek'' universe, award-winning late night and daytime talk shows, and an extensive library of iconic intellectual property.
CBS Studios is looking for an Awards Director to support all efforts pertaining to awards campaigns for our entire portfolio of series, daytime and late-night talk series.
The Awards Director will establish and execute year-round awards / guild strategy. The role reports into the Executive Vice President, Communications. We are looking for someone who has at least 5 years of experience in the awards/PR/marketing space, working across internal teams and within the entertainment industry to build key relationships to support campaign efforts to garner maximum nominations and wins. The Awards Director will be responsible for ideating, creating, and producing multiple forms of marketing, PR and promotional activities. They will also implement any activities related to our efforts to deepen engagement with the appropriate industry associations, guilds, media outlets and related partners and stakeholders.
• Establish and execute year-round awards / guild strategy.
• Handles entries within hard deadlines for competitions; develops knowledge of programming to determine appropriate entries effectively and intelligently either independently or via collaboration with shows and various departments to develop strategy; prepares entries for awards in accordance with eligibility requirements, checks all entries for accuracy and manages all support materials (clips, photos, payment, etc.).
• Executes all ceremony-related tactical details – gathers and disseminates pertinent information, coordinates nominee and executive attendance, provides required ceremony assets, facilitates publicist credentials, and serves as on-site contact for event day.
• Liaises among internal departments and external organizations. Fosters strong relationships with award organizations, executives, producers and various entrants and nominees/honorees.
• Drafts timely memos announcing nominations and wins. These documents must be accurate and their formatting flawless as they are circulated company-wide and to external stakeholders.
• Maintains the awards database by tracking nominations and wins for all awards.
• Highly organized, thorough, accurate and meticulously detail oriented.
• A highly efficient and successful project manager – deadline-driven and successful at multitasking and prioritizing an enormous volume of concurrent tasks and responsibilities.
• Self-motivated, reliable, and able to work and think independently while being a solid teammate.
• Quick yet thoughtful problem solving and follow through.
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form.
• Adaptable to ever-changing awards and programming landscapes.
• Calmly handles stress and various personalities with a positive attitude.
• Must be able to work holidays and weekends on a seasonal basis and as needed throughout the year.