CBS StudiosStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
CBS Studios is one of the industry's leading suppliers of programming with more than 70 series currently in production across broadcast and cable networks, streaming services and other emerging platforms.
The Studio's expansive portfolio spans a diverse slate of commercially successful and critically acclaimed scripted programming, genre-defining franchises including the ever-growing ''Star Trek'' universe, award-winning late night and daytime talk shows, and an extensive library of iconic intellectual property.
Overview & Responsibilities:
CBS Studios is looking for an Assistant to directly support the Publicists and the overall Communications team! We are looking for an individual who can multitask and handle a fast-paced environment. This person will be responsible for monitoring and pulling press clippings, talent travel, helping with publicity campaigns, assisting with events, maintaining press contact information and lists, general administrative duties, and any other day to day activities that occur in a bustling PR office. Candidate must also have good phone etiquette and be able to work with press and talent.
• Field general press calls and route to the appropriate party. Know when to notify supervisors of issues or whom to approach for necessary information. Requires good judgment, and ability to prioritize and be resourceful.
• Coordinate logistics, develop press materials and help staff key television industry events including Comic Con, TCA Press Tour, Primetime and Daytime Emmy Awards, among multiple show events, junkets and premieres.
• Track development news breaks (and breaking news alerts) amongst the trade outlets and communicate key headlines to Studio and Network executives quickly. Responsible for compiling and distributing trade and consumer news for senior management.
• Field and fulfill press requests as they arise quickly to accommodate press deadlines.
• Provide administrative support to the department executives, including booking travel, building out press schedules and itineraries, manage calendars, set up meetings & conference calls, expense reports, process and submit invoices and maintain records.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 1-2 years of entertainment industry experience and a desire to immerse themselves in the world of publicity
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of media – both traditional and social
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-conscious department and able to work overtime hours when necessary
• Computer savvy - Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook), remote communications tools (Zoom, WebEx, Google Hangouts), and Shared Drives and Google docs
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and attention to detail
• Professionalism and strong interpersonal skills, and ability to deal with different personalities
• Ability to adapt to changing situations, self-starter and resourcefulness