Administrative Assistant, Current Programs
CBS StudiosStudio City, CA
Full Time Job
CBS Studios is one of the industry's leading suppliers of programming with more than 70 series currently in production across broadcast and cable networks, streaming services and other emerging platforms.
The Studio's expansive portfolio spans a diverse slate of commercially successful and critically acclaimed scripted programming, genre-defining franchises including the ever-growing ''Star Trek'' universe, award-winning late night and daytime talk shows, and an extensive library of iconic intellectual property.
CBS Entertainment is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support a SVP in the Current Programming Department who currently oversees all CBS Studios shows on The CW!
Current Programming is responsible for overseeing all aspects of CBS scripted television shows at the Studio and on the Network. We work hand in hand with Showrunners, giving creative feedback at every step of the TV making process, as well as working with all the various departments at the Studio and Network including Casting, Business Affairs, Publicity, Marketing, etc.
• Handle a busy schedule of meetings and calls.
• Organize and manage weekly meetings with the rest of the CBS Studios/CW covering team.
• Draft memos and reports, take notes on creative calls.
• Read scripts, watch cuts and provide coverage.
• Complete expense reports.
• Additional projects and duties as assigned.
• 1 year's administrative experience.
• Previous entertainment industry experience preferred.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Passionate and knowledgeable about the television industry, ideally about the shows on The CW (or shows in similar genres).
• Strong communication, computer, and phone skills.
• Strong decision-making ability; good problem solver with the ability to anticipate issues and alternatives
• Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize workload efficiently and accurately