Wga Digital Line Producer
CBS NewsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/27/2022 9:00:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Wga Digital Line Producer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Wga Digital Line Producer postings
Full Time Job
WGA Digital Line Producer (Evergreen)
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Interested in joining the team? The CBS News Streaming Network is seeking a New York-based DIGITAL LINE PRODUCER to join its 24-hour coverage team. The ideal candidate is proactive, creative, and editorially rigorous. They will demonstrate a firm command of journalistic standards, a keen attention to detail, and excellent newsgathering and visual storytelling skills. They must also be calm and efficient during breaking news and, while based in New York, serve as a collaborative member of a global news organization.
All applicants will be reviewed and considered for current and near-future openings.
• Closely coordinates with the Senior Producers and Line Producers during live news programs
• May have editorial decision making for breaking news coverage in communication with Management and technical team, when applicable (e.g. overnights and weekends)
• Writes headlines and edits video for live digital broadcast while working with video editors and social media team to edit and publish out video
• Helps run, optimize and time live and on-demand video content for mobile, desktop and OTT (Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire) platforms
• Implements rundown creation and programming for weekend programming and special programming (i.e., originals, marathons, special events)
• Works from the control room to guide CBS News in and out of breaks and live/recorded content
• Manages content during the day once it is recorded, and helps determine when it will run in future hours
• Edits packages from Newspath and other wire content and push to playout system during the overnight
• Must have minimum of 2 yearsâ€™ work experience in Cable, Broadcast or Digital.
• Must feel comfortable in a fast-paced control room.
• Need to be knowledgeable about social media and the competitive digital news environment.
• Familiar with Avid editing systems and ENPS.
• Must be available to work all shifts â€'' early morning, dayside, nights, weekends and holidays â€'' sometimes on short notice or as coverage, scheduling and news events warrant, as this is a 24-hour news organization
• Strong writing skills, accuracy, organizational skills and attention to detail is a must
• Time Management skills and works well with strict deadlines
• This position is based in New York and requires working in-person at the CBS Broadcast Center. While this position may allow for hybrid work, it is not a remote position.
Must pass comprehensive CBS News Digital writing test
This position is based out of the CBS News Broadcast Center
This is a position covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the WGA-E.