Wga Assignment Editor
CBS NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
• Covers the CBS News Streaming Network assignment desk (including answering phones);
• Build, prioritize and coordinate news coverage in a fastâ€paced environment for CBS News Streaming Network digital streaming channel
• Continually and efficiently monitor news wire services and social media to find and identify breaking news and key news developments
• You'll build videos and graphics, optimizing article share language from CBSNews.com for the best performance. You'll produce Social content aligned with the CBS News brand.
• Write and distribute a daily divisionâ€wide communication outlining key events and happenings to facilitate efficient live coverage; help plan coverage for future events
• Work with executive producers, planning producer, CBS Newspath and other CBS news entities to make editorial coverage decisions for CBS News Streaming Network shows and handle the execution of coverage with bureau chiefs, field producers and reporters
• Work alongside booking team, field producers and CBS Special Events to strategically identify and secure strong witnesses and expert guests; clear crucial social media elements also includes booking studios and transmissions
• Assist in clearing video and securing guests and witnesses;
• Coordinates the ingest of remote feeds; and serves as point of logistical contact for CBS News Streaming Network when interacting with other divisions of the company.
• May also support the duties of an Associate Producer.
What you bring to the team:
• Minimum 3 years of experience at a larger market local, cable division, or network newsroom.
• Minimum 2 years working as an assignment desk editor
• Demonstrated experience in coordinating coverage for live television
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to a challenging, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and partners
• Available for early morning, nights, weekends, holidays - this is a 24-hour network
You might also have:
• ENPS/iNEWS familiarity
• Familiarity with remote productions, transmission pools