CBS NewsMinneapolis, MN
This was removed by the employer on 12/4/2022 2:56:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Web Producer jobs in Minneapolis-MN
Search all Web Producer postings
Part Time Job
Web Producer (Part-Time)
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations' top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News' streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
• Aggressively manage and publish updated news stories, video segments and photo slideshows, concentrating on developing stories and breaking news.
• Stay on top of industry trends to innovate and grow audiences on WCCO's various platforms.
• Monitor daily news continuously, using wires and other news sources to write content for WCCO.com.
• Generate story ideas and digital elements that complement and enhance news on WCCO-TV.
• Track web traffic and monitor social analytics for research and content purposes.
• Manage school closing and weather alert systems on the Internet and on the air, along with the WCCO app's push alert system.
• Contribute to CBSN Minnesota, WCCO's live streaming network, with responsibilities including but not limited to: overseeing content, building show rundowns and segments, coding/stacking video content, and other duties as assigned.
• Engage and share WCCO's messages in the social media space, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others.
• Experience working on a media website or within a media organization.
• Candidate must be results-oriented, innovative and must demonstrate leadership and teamwork.
• Must have strong organizational and communication skills and be well-versed in AP Style.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, English or other related field preferred.
• Basic understanding of HTML and other computer programming languages preferred.
• Understanding of SEO practices.
• Experience with non-linear editing platforms (Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, Stratus) preferred.
• History of working in a fast-paced media environment.
• Familiar with social media best practices.
• Experience creating and building broadcast rundowns; familiarity with iNews.