Digital Content Producer
CBS NewsStudio City, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Digital Publishing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Digital Content Producer jobs in Studio City-CA
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
KCBS2/KCAL9 TV, the CBS Owned & Operated Duopoly in Los Angeles, has an immediate opening for a Website Producer for the CBS Local flagship website, CBSLA.com. This position will involve working weekends. Candidate will serve as a news writer and site publisher and work to bridge needs of news and television stations in the market. You will be required to join the WGA union.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Produce daily news material for CBSLA.com.
• Writing original feature stories relating to travel, food, entertainment, etc.
• Producer will also be responsible for working with third-party content from a variety of feeds and providers and integrating it into the site to fit our local audience.
• Managing user-generated content in all areas of the site.
• Quality control for all editorial and publishing (copy editing, image quality, comment moderation, overall look and feel of CBSLA.com.
• Participate in and actively contribute to weekly team meetings, bringing new ideas for better content, revenue and site traffic.
• Experience writing news stories for the web in a newsroom environment
Candidates must demonstrate:
• Excellent writing and editorial skills from scripts and wires, cutting and posting streamed video, optimizing imagery, creating slideshows and adapting other TV material for the Web.
• Effective collaboration with a wide range of personnel to create compelling content in a timely manner
• Ability to react well and manage deadlines in a competitive, pressurized environment
• Knowledge of the AP style of writing
• Willingness to work both dayside and night-side shifts, dependent on need of the department
• Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
• Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
• Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
• Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of â€œSearch and Socialâ€.
• Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
• College Degree Required or Equivalent Experience