CBS NewsMiami, NY
Full Time Job
VP, Streaming (Multiple Locations)
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, CBSN, CBSN Local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, CBSN, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations also produces the award-winning 60 MINUTES for Paramount . CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBSN, CBS News Radio and podcasts, CBS Mobile, Paramount and other digital platforms. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast network.
CBS Stations is looking for an innovative individual with a combination of creative, editorial, analytical and entrepreneurial skills to lead our stations' 24-hour streaming news services! This person will work closely with the President and Co-Head of CBS News and Television Stations as well as the Station Regional Presidents to set and execute the content strategy, roadmap and development for the local streaming news channels.
• Oversee the day-to-day and long-term strategic vision for our CBS local streams' programming, production, editorial and operations
• Collaborate with News Directors and internal stakeholders in Stations to build the most compelling content in pursuit of cross-platform results
• Use data-driven approach to evolve CBS streaming local services to meet audience and financial targets
• Stay abreast of audience trends across the streaming landscape
• Set short and long-term objectives to achieve budgetary goals
• Senior leadership experience in content or a digital role, preferably in a journalistic environment
• Proven ability to expand existing brands and IP as well as create new channels and programs for direct to consumer audiences.
• Highly competent in using data and insights to make sound business decisions around content planning and programming strategy for direct-to-consumer platforms
• Deep knowledge of the direct-to-consumer competitive landscape and understanding of the editorial needs of different audiences in a digital environment
• Superb communication, and strategic planning skills
• Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities while inspiring a team to do their best work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
• Excellent judgment; unflappable demeanor
• Proven ability to effectively collaborate across team