VP, Communications Stations
CBS NewsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/27/2023 7:37:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Publicity/PR Category
Search for VP, Communications Stations jobs in New York-NY
Search all VP, Communications Stations postings
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations is seeking a dynamic VP of Communications with excellent written and verbal communications skills to play an integral role driving press efforts for the CBS Newsâ€™ Owned and Operated Stations. The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable about the media industry and journalism landscape and possess an ability to work across many stakeholders.
This role is perfect for a strong communications strategist, writer and publicist with an ability to advise senior executives. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have a passion for the media business, local news and emerging digital platforms.
include and are not limited to:
• Devise and implement critical communications plans, press strategies and materials to secure impactful coverage in trade and business media outlets surrounding CBS Stations initiatives, executive activities, and tentpole events.
• Develop media strategies and communications plans to amplify linear and digital successes across the Stations.
• Elevate messages around our workplace culture and the companyâ€™s commitment to the culture, DEI and workplace matters.
• Support CBS Stations and Communications Executives in day-to-day writing of press releases and in pitching story ideas that align with the companyâ€™s priorities including expansion of our local need properties, DEI initiatives and digital streaming.
• Develop proactive and reactive key messaging and talking points to be used for media interviews and speaking engagements.
• Build and maintain strong media relationships with top-tier press across multiple subject areas including television, technology, and business.
• Serve as an advisor and writer for senior management, providing essential and efficient communications advise, staff internal and external events. And, importantly, this position will work collectively across CBS News and Stations Communications, as well as with other Comms divisions of CBS and Paramount Global.
• Bachelorâ€™s degree in communications, journalism or related field
• 7 years in public relations, in-house experience preferred: Television, streaming, media
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to develop executive messaging and press releases.
• Ability to develop power point decks and other presentation and pitch materials.
• Skilled in articulating complex content and concepts in a clear, concise and compelling manner
• Motivated and confident self-starter who can take initiative with minimal oversight
• Hardworking and passionate teammate with the ability to work freely
• Great at organizational navigation and cross-functional collaboration at all levels
• Thrives in a fast-paced, hybrid environment while remaining diligent and committed to deadlines
• Creative and strategic problem solver that exercises sound judgment
• Strong organizational, project-management and problem-solving skills
• Proven understanding of the Television, media, journalism, digital and streaming landscape
CBS, a subsidiary of Paramount Global, creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The Company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading edge of media. It includes some of the industryâ€™s most successful and popular brands and businesses: CBS Television Network, CBS News and Stations, CBS Sports, CBS Studios, CBS Media Ventures and CBS digital properties.
Hiring Salary Range: $156,800.00 - 250,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.