Technician - Camera Operator
CBS NewsMiami Beach, FL
This was removed by the employer on 11/14/2021 8:01:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Technician - Camera Operator jobs in Miami Beach-FL
Search all Technician - Camera Operator postings
Full Time Job
Technician - Camera Operator (Miami)
CBS News is the news and information division of CBS, dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. Headquartered in the famed CBS Broadcast Center in New York, CBS News has bureaus across the globe and produces influential, critically acclaimed programs providing original reporting, interviews, investigations, analysis and breaking news 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
CBS News provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSN, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and CBS Mobile. CBS News is home to the nation's #1 news program, ''60 MINUTES,'' ''CBSN,'' the 24/7 digital streaming news network, and the award-winning broadcasts ''CBS THIS MORNING,'' co-hosted by Gayle King, Anthony Mason and Tony Dokoupil, the ''CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL,'' ''CBS SUNDAY MORNING, ''48 HOURS,'' ''CBS THIS MORNING: SATURDAY,'' and ''FACE THE NATION.''
CBS News is looking for a creative and dedicated full-time News Photographer with Director of Photography level experience. We are seeking someone extremely proficient in shooting, lighting and can bring compelling stories to life. Candidates must have exceptional knowledge and experience with high-definition, 4K, UHD and HDR photography. Must possess excellent people skills, a strong work ethic, and a great attitude. A passion for story telling is absolutely essential.
• Shoot day of air, in-depth features, investigative assignments and creative interactive live shots all with the highest ethical, aesthetic and technical standards using the latest technology.
• Candidates must demonstrate an ability to direct lighting, set overall visual look, related technical specifications for projects and sound as a one-person crew or as part of a team.
• Ensure that all pictures and sound are of highest quality and properly recorded.
• Work closely with producers by providing support logistics and shot requirements.
• Operate ENG vehicles.
• Maintain all gear including crew vehicles, working with appropriate departments to keep all gear up to date and in working order.
• Able to trouble-shoot quickly and effectively in a variety of circumstances. Work under deadline pressure.
• Degree in broadcast journalism/production preferred.
• Minimum 10 years' experience working as an ENG photographer in a large market.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to listen, provide praise and constructive criticism.
• In depth knowledge of existing and evolving newsgathering technologies.
• Good leadership skills.
• Must be self-motivated, proactive, collaborative and possess a high level of creativity to tell stories with sound and images.
• Take ownership of situations and lead issues to resolution.
• Experience in logistics, special event planning and execution.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Ability to lift 50 plus lbs. of newsgathering equipment.
• Must be available to work weekends, long hours or varying shifts when necessary to meet production and broadcast deadlines, 24/7 all kinds of possible weather conditions.
• Travel for production (hostile environments are possible. Training provided)
• In depth understanding of newsgathering technologies: Multi-camera interviews and remotes.
• Proficient with streaming technologies Dejero and LiveU.