CBS NewsWest Sacramento, CA
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, CBSN, CBSN Local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, CBSN, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations also produces the award-winning 60 MINUTES for Paramount . CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBSN, CBS News Radio and podcasts, CBS Mobile, Paramount and other digital platforms. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast network.
Overview & Responsibilities:
Sports Anchor will provide sports reports for news programs and online properties. The Anchor will participate in the selection of sports related stories for presentation to the viewers. You will be assigned to cover and report live stories outside the station - on location. Ability to Interview guests and contributors appropriate to the stories being presented. Anchor must remain up to date with current events, in sports and news. The Sports Anchor will also be available to make personal appearances to promote the station.
• Must be able to capture, assemble and explain information on all stories assigned to you.
• Video editing ability is required.
• You must write with a clear and engaging style, using video and graphics to illustrate facts and ideas in the story.
• You must maintain a broad understanding of all sports and ability to tell stories about athletes, teams, leagues, and issues, both local and national.
• Must have at least six years of comparable television experience, with a minimum of 3 years as a Sports Anchor, working in a local market or network television news.
• Must have in-depth presentation and oral communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate optimally with a wide range of personnel.
• Must be able to do live reporting in an engaging and effective manner.
• Familiarity with the California region very effective.
• College degree required or equivalent experience.
• Must be able to operate keyboard with accuracy and speed
• Maintain a valid California driver's license in order to aim to reporting locations.