Special Projects Craft Editor
CBS NewsBaltimore, NY
Full Time Job
Special Projects Craft Editor (Remote)
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Put your creative, visual stamp on longform video projects that will be seen across the nation! If you have a passion for editing longform stories, series and documentary-style content, we need your help maximizing and showcasing the content created by CBS Television Stations. We are seeking a Special Projects Craft Editor whose primary focus will be creating longform content projects largely based on the reporting of the CBS Television Stations and its Innovation Lab. This craft editor role will work closely with the Special Projects Director and the EP of Content Development, as well as journalists across our company. Together, you will create projects of enterprise, in-depth and investigative nature on topics of national interest. Responsibilities of editing these longform projects include creating a cohesive, compelling narrative, aggregating existing story elements and creating new video elements, producing video effects and graphics, manipulating video and audio quality, using music and other aspects to create appropriate tone, and adjusting content to fit within given formats and time allotments. These projects are facilitated by the CBS Innovation Lab, which experiments with next-generation storytelling, and tests new products, workflows and production models for the future. This producer/editor will collaborate with news, investigative and special projects teams across the CBS News and Stations platforms.
• Edit video, audio and other content elements to create longform projects as assigned.
• Coordinate with Special Projects Director and EP of Content Development to meet format and timing requirements of each project.
• Coordinate with graphic artists to ideate and incorporate graphics, titles, animations, etc.
• Gather, organize, archive and ensure safekeeping of video assets. Facilitate sharing of video between story collaborators, stations and network.
• Communicate frequently and effectively with respect and candor, and maintain highly collaborative, productive working environments and relationships with management and news personnel. Represent company professionally at all times in public interactions.
• Move projects forward independently as needed, efficiently and on time, including meeting tight deadlines.
• Work closely with management, producers and legal counsel in creating accurate, well-documented, bulletproof projects.
• Maintain all company-issued technology and equipment, and initiate troubleshooting/repairs with urgency.
• Must be willing to work an unpredictable and flexible schedule as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• 5 yearsâ€™ experience as professional video editor, including longform stories, series and documentary-style projects. Must provide examples demonstrating video and audio editing skills of longform, premium content as well as your ability to enhance storytelling in the edit process.
• Advanced skills required with video editing software such as Media Composer, Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro. Additional expertise required producing video effects, using software such as After Effects or similar, and incorporating graphics and animation with video.
• Advanced knowledge of file-based video transfer software.
• Advanced technical troubleshooting skills required.
• Video production, journalism or degree in related field preferred.