Social TV Associate Producer
CBS NewsWashington, NY
Full Time Job
Social TV Associate Producer (NY or DC)
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, CBSN, CBSN Local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, CBSN, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations also produces the award-winning 60 MINUTES for Paramount . CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBSN, CBS News Radio and podcasts, CBS Mobile, Paramount and other digital platforms. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast network.
The Social TV Associate Producer will be responsible for assisting in the development of the social media presence and growing engagement for CBS News Digital! The role includes posting on all digital platforms when breaking news occurs, live-tweeting press conferences, and covering any major political event. The ideal candidate for this position has extensive experience crafting social content, writing for social audiences, establishing a voice for shows on social media, and has a vast knowledge of politics and breaking news. They also thrive in a creative, collaborative and results-driven environment!
• Assist in the development and execution social content and programming strategies to support editorial and business objectives
• Execute original editorial and video concepts to support social strategies
• Assist in the oversight of the writing and positioning of daily social posts across multiple channels
• Track performance and results of campaigns and initiatives to ensure social performance and business objectives are being met.
• Support community management efforts via live tweeting and talent activations when necessary
• Clip and promote stories of DC talent and talent across CBS News
• Writing breakout articles on political articles and political content
What you bring to the team:
• 1-2 years experience producing custom social content and managing brand social accounts, preferably in entertainment.
• Experience writing headlines and copy for social.
• Experience developing and creating visuals and video optimized for sharing across social platforms.
• Experience with breaking news
• Deep understanding of publishing on various social platforms and nuances of the end-user experience on each.
• Keen eye for visual storytelling through photo and video with ability to use editing tools to self-serve on content for distribution.
• Be meticulous and a stickler for grammar and consistency in voice.
• Hard-working and knowledgeable about international news and politics.
• Phenomenal communication skills and ability to articulate concepts.
• Ability to work against tight deadlines and flexibility to shift on strategy and execution when necessary.
• Ability to mine and use social and site data to develop content quickly against social trends.
• Willingness to work nights and/or weekends if necessary.
• Be able to provide samples of prior work.