Social Media Producer
CBS NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, CBSN, CBSN Local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation's #1 news program 60 MINUTES, CBSN, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O'DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations also produces the award-winning 60 MINUTES for Paramount . CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBSN, CBS News Radio and podcasts, CBS Mobile, Paramount and other digital platforms. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today's digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast network.
CBS News is seeking an innovative and hardworking Social Media Producer to join our fast-paced Social Media & Trending Content Team.
The ideal candidate will be fluent in the best practices of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube, as demonstrated by his or her active social media profiles and portfolio of work. S/he must understand the most current content strategies utilized by these platforms and be equipped to create videos, articles, headlines and share language that best play to each of those platform's strategies. S/he must have experience with video production and in covering breaking news, with the proven ability to write smart, catchy and accurate pieces on a variety of topics. S/he must have a proven ability to identify the most shareable and newsworthy nuggets from broadcast content and streaming TV programs, then quickly spin them into social assets. And s/he must be able and willing to work newsroom hours, which includes early mornings, weekends and holidays.
The duties of the Social Media Producer will include, but will not be limited to:
• Translating CBS Mornings:Television packages into shorter social videos tailored specifically to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok
• Using social listening tools to inform social language and imagery choices
• Producing and editing shareable videos and quote graphics
• Proactively identifying stories and social activity trending online and how we can use it
• Composing social headlines and share language consistent with the CBS News brand
• 3 years of social media or television experience for a news organization
• Must be able to provide work samples for review
• Expert on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube
• Strong writing, grammar and AP style background
• Strong news judgment and instincts
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays
• Have a degree in journalism, communications or related
• Graphic design and Photoshop skills strongly preferred