Social Media Producer - CBS News
CBS NewsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nationâ€™s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH Oâ€™DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount , all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stationsâ€™ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS Newsâ€™ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount . The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in todayâ€™s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
CBS News is seeking a Social Media Producer to join our fast-paced social media and trending content team. We're looking for a candidate with a strong editorial and social media background to help manage daily content publication on social platforms, discover trending content, and produce original pieces (both videos and articles). This candidate must have strong writing skills and an eye for visuals that will engage audiences on these platforms. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in the best practices of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok, as demonstrated by his or her active social media profiles. They must understand the most current and changing content strategies and marketing techniques utilized by these platforms. They must have experience covering breaking news. They must be able and willing to work newsroom hours, which include early mornings, weekends and holidays.
• Write trending news stories for CBSNews.com
• Create shareable videos and graphics
• Create social text-on-screen versions of broadcast packages
• Optimize article share language from CBSNews.com for better performance on social
• Produce social content consistent with the CBS News brand
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• At least 3-4 years of social media or newsroom experience
• Experience working in a digital Newsroom
• Strong writing skills with demonstrated portfolio of published work
• Strong social media skills with demonstrated portfolio of work
• Team player who is able to work with a diverse group of people
• Deep familiarity with social media audiences, best practices and analytics
• Expert on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
• Strong writing, grammar and AP style background
• Flexible hours including early mornings, weekends and holidays
• Have a degree in journalism, communications or related
You might also have -
• Graphic design and video editing experience strongly preferred
Hiring Salary Range: $65,000.00 - 71,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.